Shopkins Event Press Release 20 May 2015
May 20th, 2015
National retailer Showcase, Home of the Hottest Trends, is now Canada’s home for the musthave toy for 2015—Shopkins Collectibles!
Winner of the prestigious 2015 Toy of the Year Award from the Toy Industry Association in New York City, more than 65 million Shopkins toys have been sold around the world. Now, with thecountry’s largest stock of Shopkins Collectibles and accessories, Showcase’s 101 stores nationwide are the go-to destination for parents looking to avoid sold-out signs and disappointed children.
“Shopkins is a worldwide phenomenon,” explains Showcase Founder Amin Jivraj. “At Showcase, we pride ourselves on identifying the biggest trends and bringing them to Canadian consumers first and
in a fun way. Shopkins fits that mission perfectly!”
As the home for Shopkins in Canada, Showcase boasts more than 100 items with more arriving daily, including characters, playsets, books and board games — offering greater selection and stock than any other retailer in the country. And while other retailers only sell mystery packs, Showcase is the only retailer in the world to offer individual Shopkins characters at ShopAtShowcase.com to help kids complete their collection.
Other Shopkins benefits available exclusively to Showcase Insider customers (free to join) include:
- A complimentary full-colour Collector’s Guide which shows every character to make collecting easy.
- Free Shopkins! Kids can act just like mom and dad with their very own free Small Mart Member Card, where every Shopkins purchase at Showcase gets them closer to free Shopkins.
- The newly launched Showcase Collector’s App lets fans search for collectables by character, season or rarity, and keep track of which ones they have and which ones they need. The smartphone App also lets users create and share wishlists for easy shopping.
- Interactive Events held at select Showcase stores across Canada, featuring Shopkins swaps, trades, photo opportunities with mascots, colouring contests and more!
The Shopkins @ Showcase Pop-Up Swap Shop – June 5-7, 2015
Join Shopkins’ mascot Strawberry Kiss from Friday, June 5 to Sunday, June 7 at the Vaughan Mills Showcase store, for Toronto’s biggest ever Shopkins Swap event!
Learn about the Shopkins craze and start collecting!
Fans from across the Greater Toronto Area will come together to:
- Trade and swap Shopkins characters
- Take a cherished picture with Strawberry Kiss
- Enter the “create your own Shopkins” colouring contest
- Browse Canada’s largest selection of Shopkins merchandise, including individual characters
- Enjoy giveaways and prizes!
Shopkins – The Biggest Tiny Toy in Canada
Launched by Moose Toys in July 2014, and distributed in Canada by Imports Dragon, Shopkins is a collectible line of characters inspired by items found in the grocery store. They spark
imaginations and are fun to collect with unique characters, such as Apple Blossom, Pa' Pizza and the Limited Edition, Cupcake Queen.
The line also offers themed playsets such as the Small Mart, Fruits & Vegetables and Bakery Stand.
When not collecting, Shopkins fans are glued to the brand’s YouTube series of webisodes, which have been viewed more than 13 million times and have spurred over 400 million views of online fan videos.