ABOUT THIS ITEM
- Oct 15th, 2018: Ask the pharmacist why weighted blankets are great!
- Oct 12th, 2018: How do weighted blankets work?
- Sept 18th, 2018: The science behind weighted blankets is fascinating - Popsugar.
- August 10th, 2018: Business Insider reviews weighted blankets.
- Feb 26th, 2018: Benefits of weighted blankets highlighted in The New Yorker.
- Jan 12th, 2018: Some happy feedback from Reddit user mcfg.
- Dec 20th, 2017: I am SO enamored with this product! - Feisty, Frugal & Fabulous
- Dec 20th, 2017: Showcase store manager Sharrel Lobo talks some of this year's hottest gift ideas on CTV Calgary.
- Dec 20th, 2017: Featured on CHCH Hamilton Morning Live as a great holiday gift.
- Dec 18th, 2017: Parenting expert Kathy Buckworth talks Showcase's weighted blankets on CTV.
- Dec 4th, 2017: Featured on OttawaLife Magazine's next level shopping guide.
Hug Anxiety & Stress Away!
Sleeved calming blankets allow you to take advantage of all the benefits of a weighted blankets and more. It allows you to move freely while you curl up and watch TV, read a book, talk on the phone or use your laptop in complete comfort. Weighed Blankets may help to reduce anxiety in both children and adults.
They're typically safe to use and may assist to achieve a relaxed state, allowing for a deeper sleep as anxiety and stress are reduced. For people who suffer from anxiety or insomnia, weighted blankets may provide a safe measure to complement existing therapies by producing comforting deep pressure touch.
Weighted Blankets May Help With
- Sensory Disorders of any kind (weighted therapy can help increase Serotonin and Melatonin levels overnight)
- Sleep disorders of any kind: weighted therapy can help increase the levels of Serotonin and Melatonin overnight
- Insomnia, falling asleep and staying asleep
- ADD/ADHD Spectrum Disorder (many ADHD kids use these blankets to calm down after school or during therapy sessions, or to relax and fall asleep)
- Asperger’s and Autism Spectrum Disorder (many of these kids use weighted blankets to calm down after school or during therapy sessions)
- Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) and fidgeting legs due to chemotherapy treatments or menopause
- Anxious feelings and Panic symptoms, stress and tension. Cancer or dental anxiety, peri-menopause and menopause symptoms
- Sensory Integration Disorders/Sensory Processing Disorders
- People who are 65 or older: weighted blankets help calm a myriad of symptoms, including those who have Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s Disease.
Keep In Mind
- Minimum age for use of weighted blankets is 2 years old.
- Weighted blankets should never go past the shoulders, and should absolutely never cover the head.
- Weighted blankets should never be used to restrain a person, or to restrict their movement.
- Helps you feel more grounded
- Adult sizing, weights 10 lbs
- Built-in sleeves allow for extra comfort & mobility
- Non-medicinal method to complement existing therapies
- Built to last & easy to clean
- Safer & longer lasting than DIY blankets
- 100% cotton fabric with polyester and silica bead filling
- Dimensions: 72"L x 54"W