Freshen up the look of your Dream Away Weighted Blankets!
Each Dream Away Twin Cover is made of a premium 300 thread count breathable cotton fabric. Our covers are intricately designed to produce air flow so you can have the most comfortable sleep. Our cotton covers come in a variety of trendy patterns such as Herringbone, Quiet Gray, Spanish Vanilla, and Sweet Corn! Our twin minky covers come in Greige. Durable zipper, and built-in interior ties provide easy fitting and help to keep the cover from shifting. These premium covers are the PERFECT gift for hot sleepers, and are an essential for those warm summer nights!
Fits 80" x 86" Dream Away Weighted Blankets.
The Best Hug Ever!
Weighted Blankets have assisted countless individuals get the rest they desperately desired as an all-natural sleeping aid. Weighted blankets are therapeutic and are helpful for sleeping issues of many kinds, such as: autism, sleep apnea, restless legs, narcolepsy, jet lag, shift-work, night terrors, work related stress, and anxiety.
They have even been found to enhance sleep, calm anxiety and stress for people with no sleeping issues. Weighted Blankets allow you to leave the sleeping pills in the cabinet and out of your system while still helping you get to sleep quickly as a natural sleep aid. Cuddle up and get cozy with a Dream Away Calming Weighted Blanket.
Their soft fabric, comfortable filling material, and warming pressure offer the best hug ever, whether your lying on the couch, bed or lounge chair. These weighted blankets are built to last!
How Do They Work?
Weighted blankets mimic deep pressure touch stimulation and thus have a calming and soothing effect. Sensory processing disorders generally accompany other conditions and many that appear on the autism spectrum. The sensory disorders cause children to seek sensory stimulation or to "stim," which is characterized by such actions as flapping the arms or, in severe cases, self-injurious behaviors. A weighted blanket counteracts this need for sensory stimulation. The pressure that the blanket puts on the child's body meets the child's need for physical sensation and simultaneously calms the child down.
Parents of special-needs children, know how difficult it can be to calm them when they are upset or frightened. Most parents or caretakers of these children learn their child’s signs and tics and know when the child needs soothing. Weighted blankets are one relatively effective calming tool, especially to help your child sleep. These blankets have small weights sewn into them so the weight is evenly distributed. The blanket acts as a kind of pressure therapy to release serotonin and help the child calm down.
Weighted blankets are also very helpful in adults. The have been shown to help significantly with anxiety, dementia, and especially with the trauma and sleep issues that accompany PTSD. Weighted blankets have even been used on soldiers in the field as well as those that have returned and are trying to recover. Pressure therapy can also be very beneficial for certain chronic pain conditions.
Usage and Benefits
Weighted Blankets can be used to calm down and relax in many different ways by covering the whole body for sleep, wrapping around your shoulders or by laying it across your lap or legs only. They can provide relief, comfort and can help supplement sensory disorder therapy treatment for the following.
Weighted Blankets May Help With
- Sensory Disorders of any kind (weighted therapy can help increase Serotonin and Melatonin levels overnight)
- Sleep disorders of any kind: weighted therapy can help increase the levels of Serotonin and Melatonin overnight
- Insomnia, falling asleep and staying asleep
- ADD/ADHD Spectrum Disorder (many ADHD kids use these blankets to calm down after school or during therapy sessions, or to relax and fall asleep)
- Asperger’s and Autism Spectrum Disorder (many of these kids use weighted blankets to calm down after school or during therapy sessions)
- Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) and fidgeting legs due to chemotherapy treatments or menopause
- Anxious feelings and Panic symptoms, stress and tension. Cancer or dental anxiety, peri-menopause and menopause symptoms
- Sensory Integration Disorders/Sensory Processing Disorders
People who are 65 or older: weighted blankets help calm a myriad of symptoms, including those who have Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s Disease.
Keep In Mind
- Minimum age for use of weighted blankets is 2 years old.
- Weighted blankets should never go past the shoulders, and should absolutely never cover the head.
- Weighted blankets should never be used to restrain a person, or to restrict their movement.
- For kids: 10% of body weight plus 1-2 lbs
- For adults: 10% of body weight
- Helps you feel more grounded
- Can help both children and adults
- Non-medicinal method to complement existing therapies
- Built to last & easy to clean
- Safer & longer lasting than DIY blankets
- 100% cotton
- Dimensions: 80"L x 86"W